|ELISE KROG SCHOOL OF DANCING
||404 OXFORD STREET, FERNDALE, RANDBURG
Visit us at : www.dancing.co.za
| Street Address|| 404 OXFORD STREET|
| Postal Address|| P.O. BOX 468|
| Tel no || +27 (0)82 955 4606|
| Fax no || 086 500 9332|
| Cel no || +27 (0)82 955 4604|
| e-Mail || |
| Contact|| ELISE KROG||
| DANCING STUDIO|
| Tution in all styles of dancing|
| Social evenings, dance choeography|
| Weddings and corporate teambuilding|
| Owner|| Elise Krog|
| || |
| || |
| Monday - Thursday|| 10:00 - 22:00|
| Friday|| 10:00 - 22:00|
| Saturday|| 09:00 - 15:00|
| Sunday / Public|| Closed||
| ELISE KROG SCHOOL OF DANCING|
| ABOUT ME
The first thing that I would like to say about myself is ...
I AM BACK!!!
After living in Vancouver, Canada and Wilderness in the Western Cape I am finally back in Jhb ... I will be teaching in Magaliesburg Mondays and Tuesdays and in Bryanston on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The classes will start on 1 Feb 2006 in Bryanston and Monday 5 June in Magaliesburg.
I am really excited to be back and see all my friends:)
I will be teaching only Social Ballroom / Lating American ,Adult Keep Fit Jazz and Hip-Hop. The classes will all be done in a relaxed atmosphere with an emphasis on keeping fit, de-stressing, having fun and learning something new.
Anybody is welcome to come and join in a class before they commit to joining. I prefer people that are interested actually join in and not watch a class. Dancing and watching are two completely different things and you have to try the class before you can tell if you will like it or not.
A Bit More About ME
1991 Associate Modern Theatre Dance Branch (ISTD)
1991 Associate Modern Theater Dance Branch – Tap (ISTD)
1991 Associate Classical Ballet (ISTD)
1994 BCom (UNISA)
1995 Associate Diploma Modern Theatre Dance Branch (ISTD)
1997 Certificate Sports Psychology (Intec College)
1997 Certificate Fitness & Nutrition (Intec College)
1997 Associate Diploma Modern Theatre Dance Branch – Tap (ISTD)
1998 Associate Hip-Hop (SADTA)
Highlights of my career
* 1991 - Completed my Associate Teachers in Tap, Modern/Ballet, Jazz with the ISTD and was the first person in South Africa to do all 3 teachers exams in the same exam session.
* 1992 - Opened my first studio called Dance-A-Mania.
* 1995 - Opened my second studio called Midrand Academy of Dancing as I moved to the area.
* 1996 - my studio participated in a one week promotion for MiniTV. The presenters came to visit the studio and we danced with them and did demonstrations for them of what we do. This was aired a few weeks later and was a great success.
* 1996 - Ran holiday workshops teaching dance, drama and arts and crafts.
* 1997 - Choreographed routines for the presenters of MiniTV while on location at Valley of the Waves at Sun City.
* 1998 - My pupils performed at Gallagher Estate in Midrand.
* 1998 - Choreographed the dancing section for a production in Johannesburg called A Different Dance.
* 1999 - Adjudicated dance competition at Wendywood High in Johannesburg.
* 2000 - My Junior group won the SADTA national Hip-Hop competition.
* 2000 - Choreographed and some of my pupils performed in a show for the Annual International Conference for Childrens Welfare
* 2001 – Adjudicated National SADTA championships in Hip-Hop, Modern and Tap
* Taught dancing at Summerhill School to grade 0 to grade 3
* 2002 - 2003 - Moved to Canada and taught various classes for different teachers and was offered various part time positions starting Septemnber 2003 but I turned them down as I was moving back HOME.
* 2003 - Adjudicated Musical Theatre, Song & Dance, Hip-Hop and Jazz in a festival in Canada called Pacific West Performing Arts Festival.
* 2004 & 2005 - Dancing teacher at Outeniqua High School in George, Garden Route.
* Choreographed a school show every year in which every one of my pupils could participate.
* My pupils participated in exams every year with tremendous results.
* Taught dancing at the following nursery schools
Tiggy Winkles (Wendywood)
Karens Playschool (Noordwyk)
BMW Early Learning Centre
Stepping Stones Pre-Primary (Sandton)
Little Friends (Vorna Valley)
Little Achievers (Vorna Valley)
Tangos Tots (Presidants Park)
* My pupils participated in various festivals over the years with excellent results.
* 2004-2005 - Taught dance as a subject at Outeniqua High School in George. It was great fun. The school was great, the pupils and teachers supportive and inspirational. I really had a lot of fun and learnt a LOT.
*2006 - As good a time as I had in George my heart still lives in Jhb ... yes you heard me correctly ... I am back and loving it!!!